Some of the questions photographers most commonly ask Kevin during his many workshops are about how to achieve proper lighting in their studios and while shooting on location. Ever the seeker of answers for photographers, and as a lover of lighting himself, Kevin proceeded to create and document 101 different lighting scenarios and turn them into a new source of education and artistic inspiration for photographers from all walks of life.
The Lighting Notebook is a vast collection of carefully detailed lighting how-tos compiled for photographers wanting to learn how to create mood, variety, and all around stunning images through smart lighting techniques. This field guide divulges how Kevin used and controlled light to capture a wide range of photographs, each brought to life under a different type of lighting environment. Using his experience from over 20 years as a photographer, each photo includes:
- An overhead diagram showing the locations of photographer, subject, and each piece of lighting equipment used
- A complete list of lighting equipment used, including brand and model info
- A step-by-step summary of what Kevin encountered that led to his chosen lighting setup
Follow along and master Kevin's array of technical lighting setups ranging from everything between simple and complex, inexpensive and pricey, and featuring the latest technology:
- Battery-powered flashes
- Light adapters
- Location-specific accessories
- Lighting effects in post-processing
- And much more!
The Lighting Notebook also offers six thorough chapters providing everything you need to be your own master of light. Learn about:
- The historical evolution of lighting
- Lighting language and terminology
- Necessary skills for working with light
- The essentials of lighting gear
- Building your own lighting kit
- Emulating light in post-processing
With so much meticulously laid out content, the Lighting Notebook has something to offer every photographer, and will seldom gather dust on anyone's bookshelf.
CREATING THE BOOK
This is an instructional fieldguide book on lighting written by Kevin Kubota and published by Wiley.
This is a ship only product. Shipping fees will apply.
Also, check out The Lighting Notebook App for iPhone and iPad in the iTunes store! (sold separately)
Purchase now and get Mini Art Collection Lightroom presets created by Kevin especially for this occasion for free! ($15 value) Be sure to add this product to your cart before checking out.