DESCRIPTION2017 THAILAND - PAST WORKSHOP INFORMATION
We are very excited to announce our third workshop that will be in Thailand this fall assisting local organizations who work to prevent human trafficking. Special thanks to our sponsor White House Custom Colour for helping make this trip happen.
Please let us know as soon as possible if you'd like to apply to join WWP in Thailand 2017! We're so grateful for your interest in Workshops with Purpose, and hope you'll join us on this life changing journey! Learn through service: Workshops with Purpose. Get more info here.
WWP will be working with HUG Project and The Freedom Story. HUG Project is located in Chiang Mai and “exists to prevent, protect, and restore children from human trafficking, exploitation, and abuse.” The Freedom Story is located in Chiang Rai and works to “prevent child trafficking and exploitation through scholarships, mentorship, and resources for at-risk children.”
The WWP team will adventure to Thailand in pursuit of learning and loving as we explore a new culture, hear from those creating positive change, and give back with our photography. The photography we capture will allow HUG Project and The Freedom Story to further promote and educate others about the important work they are doing. During our workshop time, we will cover the latest workflow techniques, efficient editing in Lightroom, troubleshooting while photographing on-site, off-camera lighting, and the legalities of working with nonprofits. We’ll discuss how we can use our talents and passions to inspire and give back to the world around us.
November 1-12, 2017 (Please plan to fly in to Bangkok (BKK) on or before 11/1 and depart after 11/12. Your flight from Chiang Rai to Bangkok on 11/12 is included.)
Day 1 (11/1/17)
· Team arrives in Bangkok.
· Group Introductions. Meet organization leaders in Bangkok who are doing their part to fight against human trafficking. Dinner at a surprise restaurant that is delicious and fun!
· Fly to Chiang Mai.
· Explore Chiang Mai - massages, amazing food, markets, lantern festival, etc.
· Team meeting and class time.
· Lantern Festival.
· Work with HUG Project, which “exists to prevent, protect, and restore children from human trafficking, exploitation, and abuse”
· Evening visit to the night markets, last day of lantern festival.
· Work with HUG project.
· Chiang Mai sightseeing.
· Travel to Chiang Rai.
· Explore Chiang Rai - markets, temples, more amazing food.
· Work with The Freedom Story, which “prevents child trafficking & exploitation through scholarships, mentorship, & resources for at-risk children”
· Work with The Freedom Story.
· Evening sightseeing.
· Team prepares images for HUG and The Freedom Story.
· More Chiang Rai sightseeing.
· Visit the picturesque Anantara resort and elephant sanctuary for elephant experience and amazing lunch.
· Closing team dinner.
Day 12 (11/12/17)
· Fly back to Bangkok to fly home, or explore other parts of Thailand!
$3995. This investment covers all meals, transportation (including two in-country flights), and housing while in Thailand. This also covers a group adventure day, translators, instructors, and allows us all to give financial donations to HUG Project and The Freedom Story. Attendees are responsible for their flights to and from Bangkok. Sign up now.
Payments will be made to The Freedom Story, which is a 501(c)(3). This is tax-deductible.
Benjamin Edwards' original video that moved Kevin Kubota to action...
The following is a video with highlights from our recent trip to Bolivia. What an amazing experience!